Melvin L. Hill Attorney at Law Can Help You with Criminal Consequences
Contact Melvin L. Hill Attorney at Law for help understanding consequences of criminal activity. Breaking the law impacts you and everyone else around you. There are consequences you deal with from the court, and in society. Some of those societal consequences you deal with you may not realize until it’s too late. That goes for whether you commit a felony or misdemeanor.
What is the Difference Between a Felony and Misdemeanor Offense?
The difference depends on how long the prison sentence lasts. Felony offenses carry a prison sentence in Virginia of at least one year. That is the most for misdemeanors. Anyone who serves more than one year in prison will go to a state facility. Those serving less will go to the county jail.
The Consequences Have Only Begun When Your Prison Sentence Begins
Your prison sentence isn’t the only problem resulting from a crime conviction. Many other charges result from a this, including:
- It Could Cost Your Driver’s License
- You Carry a Criminal Record
- You Will Lose Your Chance to Join the Military
- Your Family and Friends Experience Embarrassment for Your Actions
- You Give Up the Opportunity for Future Employment Opportunities
More problems including losing your right to vote, your right to own firearms and run for public office.
How Does Committing a Crime Impact a Juvenile?
- Juveniles will have the same issues as adults, but will deal with more, including
- Getting Disqualified from Scholarship Consideration
- Delayed Eligibility for Driving or a suspension
- Greater Difficulty Getting Accepted into the College of Your Choosing
Juveniles could catch this charge as adults as young as 14 years old. If convicted, the charges stay with them. That’s why you need a quality representative in court fighting for you. Check out the Virginia Office of the Attorney General for more information.
Melvin L. Hill Attorney at Law Answers All Your Legal Questions
Melvin L. Hill can help you with the consequences of criminal activity. Our expert attorney knows that sometimes people make bad decisions. That’s why he will help guide you through the process, so you understand the consequences of your actions.
Contact Melvin L. Hill Attorney at Law in Roanoke, VA, today at (540) 342-1851 for a consultation. Check out our blog for more on legal issues affecting your rights and freedom. Count on his expertise for help with consequences of criminal activity.